Monicaaa's Reviews > Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4 by Naoko Takeuchi

Mar 13, 2012

bookshelves: manga, childhood
Read on March 13, 2012

It’s hard to review this, because it’s so far into the plot of the series that if I say anything it ruins it. Especially since there’s things that happen in the manga that don’t happen in the anime. All of which I’m beginning to love more so than the anime. A lot more.

Chibiusa shows up in this volume, who I don’t find as bratty as in the anime. Though that may have been her voice actor in the English dub that rubbed me the wrong way. Her backstory is better explained as well, so it makes me love her. Each female character continues to be strong, which I absolutely love. None of them fall into the damsel in distress category.

Mamoru Chiba aka Tuxedo Mask does though, and you see him struggle with that. He starts doubting whether or not he’s strong enough to protect Usagi. I know this may sound weird, but I find him more attractive in the manga. Besides Usagi doesn’t care for gender roles at all. She’s always like ‘Don’t worry. I’ll protect you.’ And I love that about her. She’s not afraid to protect the ones she loves, even if she’s protecting the guy.

As always the artwork is flawless. Each volume keeps getting better and better. The only complaint is awkward translation here and there. Other than that I can’t wait for the next volume. May is way too far away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 4.

02/19/2016 marked as: read