Renee's Reviews > Revelations

Revelations by Robert Sells

Read 2 times. Last read August 14, 2019.

Nothing is ever free. When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

Aster Worthington spearheads the First Contact Team to unravel a message from an alien race. “The Lambdons” promise free energy if humanity builds a few special robots and downloads their message into a super computer to direct construction of the fusion reactor. An excited world agrees and builds a massive structure called the Dome to house the alien enterprise.
Seven years later, there’s no “free energy” and strange things happen in and around the Dome. Aster and her colleagues mount an expedition under the protection of Army Rangers to investigate the interior. Instead of friendly aliens, they discover hordes of deadly intelligent humanoids with insect-like characteristics.

When the military team is brutally murdered by the Lambdons, the scientists scatter. It’s soon apparent that the Lambdons intend to take over the planet using biological warfare. The only hope for humanity lies with a two-thousand year old scroll hidden by the church. The question is, can Aster and her team unravel the scroll's mystery in time to save the planet?

This is a fast-paced exciting ride that's got the intensity of a thriller and the trappings of sci fi. It's a story of survival, teamwork, and learning from our mistakes. (I was going to say hubris, but...) I love the character chemistry. They seemed like real people dealing with an impossible situation and I loved how they discovered what they were made of when push came to shove. There was a real sense of a ticking clock and mortal peril that kept me on the edge of my seat and kept me reading in one sitting. Would make a heck of a movie!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revelations.

Finished Reading