Sue's Reviews > A Lie for a Lie

A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting

F 50x66

I was anxiously awaiting this book. Anything that Helena Hunting writes is an automatic buy for me. I read a lot of books but there are probably only a handful of authors that fall into that category for me. A Lie for a Lie was definitely worth the wait. I'd give it 10 stars, if I could.

Rook Bowman is the captain of the Chicago hockey team. He has had a rough year and plans to spend the off season at the family cabin in Kodiak, Alaska. On the last half of the trip, a beautiful woman literally falls into his lap. That she doesn't recognize him or know who he is makes it even better. He intoduces himself as RJ.

Lainey Carver is working on her third master's thesis. The focus is aquatic animals. Lainey is headed to Alaska to get away from her overprotective parents and do some research for her thesis. When she meets Rook, she is extremely flustered but she finds him a comforting presence.

When the two of them wind up staying close to each other, they spend a lot time together and get very close. When Rook is called away in the middle of the night, they each realize that they have no way to contact each other. A year later, a chance encounter results in them finding one another again. But when Lainey finds out who RJ really is, will Rook ever be able to win her back?

I just loved this book. I laughed, cried and had a lot of awwww moments. It is the hat trick of feels. As a bonus, some of the Pucked characters walk through the story. This is the first book in the author's new hockey series, All In. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lie for a Lie.

August 14, 2019 – Shelved