Mom_Loves_Reading's Reviews > 25 Days 'Til Christmas

25 Days 'Til Christmas by Poppy Alexander

Let's just skip Halloween for now and jump right into the Christmas themed books, shall we? Kind of like some of the stores right now.
This book broke my heart over and over, but it also warmed it right back up as well. Having been a single mother before and absolutely dreading Christmas time, I could relate to Kate and her struggles. Holidays are tough. Throw in the loss of a loved one and financial troubles to boot, you could have quite the recipe for disaster. While this book is festive at heart, it does deal with hardship, depression and many other tough issues. Don't be mislead by the cutesy cover. While uplifting and Christmas-sy, it perhaps is a more realistic look at how the holidays affect many single parents and the struggles they face. I, for one, have been there, felt that.

It truly is a wonderful, meaningful, well-written book that I had a hard time putting down and it struck me at the very core of my soul. Not to be missed, add it to your TBR today! It was released on 10/8 by William Morrow Books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 25 Days 'Til Christmas.

Finished Reading