Vicki (kybookgirl)'s Reviews > The Family Upstairs

The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell

liked it
bookshelves: thanks-netgalley
Read 2 times. Last read November 2, 2019 to November 7, 2019.

When Libby turns 25, she was notified that she inherited a mansion. Since she is adopted, this opens the door to a million questions. She quickly finds out that her parents didn't die in a fiery crash but part of a suicide pact as members of a cult in the mansion she inherited. She learns that she had siblings which starts a wild goose chase to find them...and the truth about her family and what happened 25 years ago.

The Family Upstairs is the first book I've read by Lisa Jewell but it won't be the last. The story line was dark, creepy and disturbing. As soon as you think you understand, another twist pops out from around the corner. I had a little trouble keeping all the characters straight in my head which was made a bit tougher by the story being told from three points of view.

Overall, The Family Upstairs was enjoyable and entertaining. I want to thank Netgalley and Atria Books for this advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Family Upstairs.

Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)
August 14, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
November 6, 2019 –
November 7, 2019 –
November 7, 2019 – Shelved as: thanks-netgalley
November 7, 2019 – Finished Reading
November 14, 2019 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)