Amy's Reviews > Haunted House Murder

Haunted House Murder by Leslie Meier

This book is a collection of three Halloween-themed cozy mystery novellas, all set in Maine.

Haunted House Murder by Leslie Meier continues the story of Lucy Stone and her family in Tinker's Cove. A new couple has moved into a home in need of repairs and their behavior raises suspicion from Lucy and the townspeople. When one of her family may be in danger, Lucy flies into overdrive into finding out what's really going on behind their closed doors. Her attitude and behaviors have tried my patience over the years, though some of the storylines have been very good. It was a pleasant, though somewhat predictable read. 3.5 stars.

Death by Haunted House by Lee Hollis--This is a new series for me. I was a bit surprised that the plot was very similar to the prior story. I really didn't connect with the characters and the pace dragged. 3 stars.

Hallowed Out by Barbara Ross-- I love the Clambake series and was happy to return to Busman's Harbor. Julia and her boyfriend Chris agree to participate in a Ghost Tour where a play re-enacts the Prohibition-era town ghost story. But things go awry when a real murder occurs in their restaurant and Julia is determined to solve the crime. This novella was the gem of the book. Well-written with a great plot twist. 5 stars.

Thanks to NetGalley and Kensington for a digital ARC of this book. My review is voluntary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted House Murder.

July 8, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
July 8, 2019 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
August 14, 2019 – Started Reading