Vinny's Reviews > The Love Solution

The Love Solution by Ashley  Croft

75151915

did not like it
bookshelves: arc, debut

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I first requested this book on NetGalley, but it was definitely not this.

The blurb of The Love Solution made this book sounds like a cute and light romance, which exactly what I was looking for because I've been trying to explore my reading as much as possible this year. Here's the deal. It's not.

I had so many problems with this book!
The ethical issue of Love Bug. I knew that science will take part in this story, but I didn't realize that the purpose is to force people to love you. And the fact that Sarah wanted to use it on the ex-boyfriend that cheated on her, blamed her for his own mistake and got the nerve to be the one who dumped her? This girl needs help.
The ethical issue of giving confidential information about on-going science project to outsider. This girl needs help too.
Romance story with no chemistry. Every single character in this story is one-dimensional and there's no chemistry sparked at all. I can't even sense the sibling chemistry between Sarah and Molly.
Odd writings. It's just... odd? Like in the prologue, the writings made Sarah and Molly sounded much younger than they actually were? I deadass thought they were at least five years younger because they sounded childish!
On the other hand, it was fun to hear her younger sister treated like a toddler.

'I can manage without you and Dad, you know. I'm not a little girl.' Sarah muttered, knowing she was pushing her luck.

And after the prologue, I couldn't stand Sarah's never-ending mentioned that Molly was a geek because she was into science and how Sarah despised it, and apparently, Sarah's interest in jewelry making was so quirky and made her better than her sister.
Sarah despaired. Her younger sister was a fully paid-up member of the Geek Club. Seeing that horrific sweatshirt and her dirty jeans, Sarah wondered if Molly would even wear the earrings that she'd been making for her upcoming fifteenth birthday.

And this stereotyping continued 'til they were adults!
'Even geeks fall in love and get married. Eventually.' Sarah said, watching them.

Everyone sounds the same. Still related to the previous point, but I don't get it why would the author made everyone speak like Chandler from Friends. And I mean everyone.

Thank you Avon Books UK and NetGalley for providing me with an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | RedBubble

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Love Solution.

August 12, 2019 – Started Reading