Kat (Why Read)'s Reviews > Shadow Of The Witte Wieven

Shadow Of The Witte Wieven by Debbie  Peterson

bookshelves: arc, e-reader

I was given a copy of this book as part of a blog tour for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this story. Aliyana was deep undercover when her expiration time came and she had to flee for her life. While doing so she ran into even more trouble; meet these weird “ghosts”; and has a bounty on her head from the drug lord. Aliyana knows about the drug lord’s plot to assassinate hundreds of DEA families but can’t just come out and report it because she doesn’t know who to trust. Yes there are moles and judicial corruption in this tale. Overall….my oh my… what a thriller.

From the synopsis, I assumed this was more so a love story; yet the focus was more on the rescue then the romance. I was a tad disappointed; yet the snippets that were depicted were beyond adorable. Wolfaert Dircksen Van Ness (Wolf) was this super protective gentleman hero and adventurer who was too good to be true. I mean seriously, I kept hoping, fingers crossed and all; he would take a little initiative. *Eye brow wiggle* Wolf was also one of the ghosts. The word “ghost “is used lightly. This is a new kind of supernatural to me because, technically they’re not ghosts because they never really died. However, their physical form in this realm resembles the characteristics of a poltergeist. (I hope I didn’t lose you. )

With the Aliyana’s dilemma, it was hard to figure out what would happen next. The suspense definitely kelp me intrigued throughout. The ending was VERY fairy tale. We’re talking “and they lived happily ever after”, but I hope that’s not the case because I would like to see more of Wolf & Aliyana. I would recommend this to anyone. The romance content is PG enough for YA readers as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Of The Witte Wieven.

March 13, 2012 – Shelved
March 13, 2012 – Shelved as: arc
March 13, 2012 – Shelved as: e-reader
March 14, 2012 –
page 96
21.52% "Captain Wolfaert Dircksen Van Ness *sigh* is true to his name...he is a Wolf! Gotta love his personality! #NowReading"
Started Reading
March 17, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Peterson Thank you for the sweet review Katrina! I'll have to see what I can do about another Wolf and Aliyana adventure!

Kat (Why Read) Debbie wrote: "Thank you for the sweet review Katrina! I'll have to see what I can do about another Wolf and Aliyana adventure!"

Yaaay!