Niki's Reviews > What a Scot Wants

What a Scot Wants by Amalie Howard

Highland duke Ronan Maclaren, the Duke of Dunrannoch, is serious-minded and dedicated to leading his clan and doing what's best for them, namely maintaining the Maclaren Whiskey Distillery that is their main livelihood. He knows he must marry eventually given his position and titles, but hasn't found the right woman who truly moves him yet, or one he can trust.

Lady Imogen Kinley has similarly avoided marriage for years. After a devastating event in her past, she knows men can't be trusted and is determined to maintain her independence and her inheritance to support Haven, the charitable women's shelter she established and runs herself.

When the old duke's will puts forth an ultimatum, Ronan and Imogen find themselves betrothed, with something each holds dear at stake if they back out. Each unwilling half of this couple sets out to get the other to cry off, setting into motion a battle of wits and wills, fired by plenty of physical attraction, and possibly even the chance for real love.

Both Imogen and Ronan had painful pasts and it was nice to see them eventually open up to one another. With exes hovering and eager to make trouble, there is plenty of drama and rough water for them to navigate, but it brought them closer together and made their falling in love believable. I thoroughly enjoyed this one and will anticipate further installments in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What a Scot Wants.

August 13, 2019 – Started Reading
September 12, 2019 – Shelved as: enemies-to-lovers
September 12, 2019 – Shelved as: arranged-marriage-of-convenience
September 12, 2019 – Shelved as: hero-is-titled
September 12, 2019 – Shelved as: damaged-heroine

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Indelicate Reviews by DD Nice review!

Niki DD aka Devilishly Delectable ;) wrote: "Nice review!"

Thank you!

message 3: by MG (new) - rated it 4 stars

MG Excellent review --- this one is on my tbr, so I will have to bump it up ;)

Niki MG wrote: "Excellent review --- this one is on my tbr, so I will have to bump it up ;)"

Thank you! I was very pleasantly surprised by this one!