Romancing the Book's Reviews > Doubled

bookshelves: contemporary, erotica
Read in March, 2012

Reviewed By~April
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

weet, sizzling fun! What does one do when two incredibly hot twin brothers adore you, protect you and suddenly want to "play"?! Oh, the tragedy!

Bobbi has been best friends with Tobias and Sebastian (the hot Hoffman twins) for a year now. They treat her like gold, protect and defend her and seem to basically worship the ground that she walks on. Bobbi cannot imagine why a couple of hotties like them would want to be friends with a "plain" girl like her, but she goes along with it and has a blast being BFFs with two of the most drool-worthy and nice guys that she knows. For some reason, though the twins are absolutely identical, Bobbi never has a problem telling them a part. The guys are blown away by this. It is on a dare, one evening, when Sebastian bets Bobbi that she cannot tell them a part with a blindfold on that things take a yummy turn.

Doubled was an awesome and addictive read. Once I began, I could not put my Kindle down until I read the last word. Yes, it is a very steamy and erotic novel, however it is written in a way that is so much fun as well. One thing that I really loved about this story is the fact that Bobbi is not "perfect" in the aspect of the "ideal" woman. She isn't model thin and all Barbie doll perfection. She is a real woman with real curves and a real body. So many stories focus on the woman having what society deems as the "perfect" body and this one does not. This made me love the book all the more.

In addition to being steamy and hot, Doubled was just a blast to read. The chemistry between the brothers and Bobbi was phenomenal, their friendship was enduring and I could truly tell how much they both cared for Bobbi. It was also sweet to read and "feel" how, even though both Tobias and Sebastian are hotter than hot and wildly popular, they both had great insecurities. Yes, they had a bit of cockiness, but it wasn't in a "I want to slap your face" sort of way, rather it played into the humor of the story. I truly loved all three of these characters and thought the author did an excellent job bringing them to life.

Once you settle in to read Doubled, be prepared to need a fan nearby for some cooling off - this one is guaranteed to send your heartbeat soaring and your skin tingling. Erotic (though not in a lewd way), seductive, fun and an absolute must read, this is a story that will leave you smiling and cheering for the characters. Loved it! I am now hooked on this author and can't wait to get my hands on more of her work.

Quote: He’d taken his shirt off. Whoever it was had absolutely, one hundred percent taken his shirt off. She couldn’t even deny it, because he had hold of her hand and he’d put it right on his bare shoulder—all big and thick with bone and muscle.

She could almost hear what he was saying, without any words—Can you tell now? Can you tell who I am now?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doubled.