2kasmom's Reviews > Take It Off the Menu

Take It Off the Menu by Christina Hovland

bookshelves: chef, las-vegas, married, best-friends-sibling

This is book #3, in the Mile High Matched series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Marlee had just gotten dumped and her wedding is off. Her ex is a chicken who puts all of it on her. Too much pressure. Good thing she has her friends. Even Eli, whom she has known forever. He is always there when she needs him.

Eli's sister is Marlee's best friend. He has always watched over them when they do their worst. He fixes the messes, and patches them up. This time he may need the one in need of aid.

Honestly, this started out what I would call a slow burn. Then when the pace picked up it nearly stampeded out of the book and over me. I loved the relationships, the friends, the pranks, the banter, the fun, the humor, and so much more. These characters would not be ignored and even when sleep beckoned I ignored it to finish what was a terrific story.

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take It Off the Menu.

August 13, 2019 – Shelved