Van (Short & Sweet Reviews)'s Reviews > Kevin's Point of View

Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon

Mar 12, 2012

Kevin’s point of view is the first full length novel from author Del Shannon. Kevin is a 12-year-old boy who escapes into his imagination after the death of his father. Kevin’s role-playing is his coping mechanism but his family and his friend don’t understand it and find it to be a constant annoyance. One morning Kevin receives a mysterious package by mistake, within the package lays the influxitron. The original owner of the influxitron, Devin, will stop at nothing to get it back. Kevin will need the help of his friend, family and his imagination to be one step ahead of Devin and his goons.

Kevin’s Point of View is a book that would appeal to people of all ages, but I think the young/middle school audience would enjoy it more. The story picked up quickly within the first 3-4 chapters and had me breezing through its 400 pages. When I first started the book, it reminded me of Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson with the character’s wild imagination. Kevin transports himself to another world and imagines himself as someone else. These scenes are usually sprinkled here and there throughout the book. I truly enjoyed this book more than I thought I would, I was sucked in to the story as Kevin and Tony outwit Devin and his goon buddies. The book took a lot of different turns of event that surprised me, and left me wondering what will happen next. The ending of the book totally caught me off guard, and I definitely didn’t expect “that” to happen (Would have to read the book to know what I’m talking aboutJ). Although there are 400 pages, the chapters are really short and easy to read. There are also cute little pictures depicting little scenes throughout the book. Overall a great read, if you’re looking for a fun-whacky adventure and a light read order Kevin’s Point of View today!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kevin's Point of View.