Ashley's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Book Three

The Walking Dead, Book Three by Robert Kirkman

Mar 12, 2012

bookshelves: comics, dsytopian, horror
Read from March 12 to 13, 2012

Holy crap. Wow. Just wow. There is just so much here, great storyline, constantly improving art (looks a hell of a lot better than the first book), and deep characters. This isn't a comic, it's an exploration into the human soul.

I'm an avid horror fan. Reading it, watching it, whatever. And some of the stuff done in this book made me wince and squirm. Because, it's totally possible. Stuff like that happens every day, minus the zombies. What you see here is the true nature of a person when the rules of society are stripped away - and a lot of times, it's not pretty. Here it was downright sick.

So I gotta admit something. I couldn't wait for the revenge part. And I'm sure a lot of others couldn't either. Which makes you wonder if there isn't something just like that in the rest of us, only it's restrained.

Some of the people gave up. Some tried to do what was right. Some went batshit crazy. But they were all completely possible reactions. Yeah, it's sick. But it's real. And I applaud any person who doesn't shy away from bringing the darker side of human nature to light.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Book Three.