Lucia's Reviews > Red Rising: Sons of Ares, Vol. 2: Wrath

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

bookshelves: sci-fi

As a hardcore fan of Pierce Brown and Howler at heart, I rejoice whenever there is expansion to Red Rising Saga universe, no matter what form. So even though Red Rising: Sons of Ares, Vol.1 didn't sweep me off my feet, I still couldn't wait to get my hands on this continuation of Fitchner's story.

Surprisingly, I liked Red Rising: Sons of Ares, Vol. 2: Wrath better than Vol.1. Storyline was more well-knit which enabled me to enjoy it more. It had the beginning, the action and the end. Simply said it weren't just random scenes glued together as often happens in graphic novels. So I really enjoyed the storyline part. Artistic part was also great. I liked the gloomy colours that illustrator used, they set perfect atmosphere for the story.

I'm really glad that I picked this graphic novel up and could witness the birth of true spirit of Sons of Ares. All in all, great addition to Red Rising Saga universe!

*ARC provided by publisher as an exchange for honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Rising.

August 12, 2019 – Shelved
August 12, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
August 12, 2019 – Shelved as: sci-fi
January 7, 2020 – Started Reading
January 9, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly My favorite series! I'm going to have to explore the graphic novels at some point. Glad you like them.

Lucia Kelly wrote: "My favorite series! I'm going to have to explore the graphic novels at some point. Glad you like them."

It is not as good as books but hey, it is Red Rising Universe so of course it is fascinating to learn more of its history! ;)