Lucia's Reviews > Sword of Kings

Sword of Kings by Bernard Cornwell

bookshelves: historical

Not many authors are able to write 12 books series and still keep it engaging and thrilling read. Bernard Cornwell can.

The Saxon Stories is the best historical fiction series I have ever read and my fascination with main character Uhtred grows with every instalment. If you are new to this series, do yourself a favor and give it a chance as soon as possible. (You may read my spoiler-free review of previous books here.) If you are familiar with our pagan warlord extraordinaire, do not hesitate to pick this instalment as soon as it is released.

As always, book is accompanied by a historical note in which author states what had really happened in the past and what is his work of fiction. These historical notes are a "cherry on the top" that I always look forward to, so make sure to read them as well :)

*ARC provided by publisher as an exchange for honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sword of Kings.

August 12, 2019 – Shelved
August 12, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
August 12, 2019 – Shelved as: historical
September 9, 2019 – Started Reading
September 10, 2019 –
1.0% "Woohoo, my favorite warlord is back :D"
October 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Phil (new) - added it

Phil Marcoccia Your comment on how he keeps this whole thing engaging is exactly how I feel after all these years of following this series, or his books in general.

Lucia Phil wrote: "Your comment on how he keeps this whole thing engaging is exactly how I feel after all these years of following this series, or his books in general."

He is excellent storyteller, isn't he? I am trying to read all his books and so far all of them were great reads!