Sarah's Reviews > Mischief Maker

Mischief Maker by Andi Lee

liked it

I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

This story about the romance that sparks between two rat lovers. When we meet them, Jamie has just had his heart broken and Liam is all about Youtube fame. They are brought together by their shared interest in rats.

It’s difficult for me to get into a romance when I don’t particularly like either of the main characters. Jamie is a little bit boring and he’s constantly whingeing. Liam reminds me of all the bro-tubers my teenagers love and I wear headphones to avoid. He’s a bit of a lad with a slightly unusual Youtube channel. Neither Jamie or Liam really caught my attention and I didn’t feel very invested in their story.

The story itself starts slow before building into an unnecessarily angsty relationship between Jamie and Liam. The rats are the most interesting part of the story but I’m not sure I really believed in the big rat drama at the end.

I recognise that I’m probably older than the target audience for this book. I’m sure there will be readers who engage with these characters and their stories more than I did but it didn’t work very well for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mischief Maker.

August 12, 2019 – Started Reading
August 12, 2019 – Shelved
August 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Anvi  Green Oh trust me, the rat drama is real 🤣 it was actualy very on point 🤭