Jessica Roessler's Reviews > Underneath the Sycamore Tree

Underneath the Sycamore Tree by B. Celeste

Oh Man. Author B.Celeste is 100% made for the writing world.
She has woven together one of the most unique, inspiring, and real world look's into the world of invisible illness. &Let me tell you, she doesn't spare a detail. I finished this book with so many emotions. It was just overwhelming in such a bitter sweet way. But, I honestly think that sweet is the description that stands out the most to me.

Emery, our main female character, has been living with an invisible illness for a rather long time, and in an effort to try and change things up, she ends up moving in with her estranged father for the school year.
Her father had remarried years before, the woman he married came with a son from a previous marriage. &Now Emery is completely out of her comfort zone, pushing through to just make it to another day.
Kaiden is very close to being the complete opposite of Emery. While he may have been the person everyone respected and looked up to in a school environment, making him rather popular, he still kept so many emotions bundled up inside of him.
&Now, with both Kaiden and Emery, everything is going to be stirred up like it never has been before.
The twists and turns will have your stomach in knots, the sweet moments will have you smiling and swooning, the STEAM...well, I just recommend always having another pair of underwear around, because you're going to need it! &Last, but certainly not least, the reality of this story will have you clutching your kindle, all whilst learning what its like for someone who is struggling with multiple invisible illnesses.

You will finish this story with and added dose of empathy for others, and with the ability to remind yourself that it isn't okay to judge other's by their appearance. There are secrets hidden under those clothes, and there are secrets hiding in those minds. Just because someone looks "OK" doesn't mean that they are.

So, make sure you read this story of self discovery, true and unending love, growth, strength, laughter, and SO much more! B.Celeste may break your heart, but every single moment is 100% worth it!

&Always do your best to treat others with respect &kindness. You don't know what is happening in their world!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Underneath the Sycamore Tree.

Finished Reading