Tracey's Reviews > One Year Home

One Year Home by Marie Force

wordpress

Returning to a hero's welcome, but having lost the one thing that kept him going for six long years has made John West an angry, bitter man. With nothing to look forward to, he's waiting for the time that he can disappear quietly from the limelight, and just exist. Before he can do that, though, John has obligations to fulfill, and not even his cranky 'leave me alone' attitude will keep Julianne Tilden, his newly assigned PR rep from making sure that he does.

When Marie Force released FIVE YEARS GONE, I was enraptured from the first page, and could not put it down. To realize that there was more to come, that Marie was going to give us the rest of the story, John West's after, I could not have been happier, because I was not ready for the story to be over. She has totally hit the mark with ONE YEAR HOME, writing with the same angsty, passionate voice that made the first book such a win for me.

I adored everything about this book. John and Julianne are perfect together, bringing out things in each other that allow them to be the best version of themselves. This is a story about forgiveness, both of self and others, of taking a leap of faith and saying 'Yes,' to what comes next, even if it's uncertain and uncomfortable, and, most of all, it's about love, the kind of limitless love that stretches boundaries and sets us free.

It's helpful to have read FIVE YEARS GONE before diving in to ONE YEAR HOME, as Ava and Eric have a part in this book, too, and it helps make sense of the way that John's and Jules's story unfolds. Marie has done a fantastic job of bringing things full circle, and easing the heartbreak that all of these characters have gone through. ONE YEAR HOME is one of the best books I've read this year, and I could not have enjoyed it more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Year Home.

Started Reading