Karen's Reviews > Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead

Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk

190448

This book was one of the more unusual books I've read this year, which is quite rare. It's the first book I've read by Olga Tokarczuk so I have nothing to compare it to but this story starts pretty fast paced because of the setup. Someone is found murdered and then Yanina, the main character, is trying to figure out what happened. She is alone and an unusual character herself and has a handful of interesting friends.

Even though the book starts like a mystery, it is not really about that. It's about animals and nature and people's attitudes/ways of treating them. Yanina is very passionate about nature and animals and there are some stunning descriptions in the book. There is also a lot of astrology in the book as well as references to William Blake.

It's hard to describe the book but I listened to it on audio and found the audio to be excellent. The atmosphere of this book is unlike anything I've read in a long while.

Highly recommended if you're looking for something different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead.

August 10, 2019 – Shelved