Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Well Met

Well Met by Jen DeLuca

bookshelves: 2019, arc, funny, netgalley, prhpartner, publisher, romance, small-town

One of my favorite debut romance novels this year!

Well Met by Jean Deluca surprised me with its originality and charm. I was taken by the characters early on. I was invested in their relationship and my wish was for a happy ending.

Things I enjoyed:

Enemies to lovers story: ✔
A love between a Pirate and a Wench: ✔
Good secondary characters: ✔
A Renaissance Faire: ✔
Hot guys fighting: ✔
A Kilt and Leather Pants: ✔

Emily moves to Willow Creek, a small town in Maryland to help her sister and her niece. Emily's sister, April was involved in a car accident and she's still recuperating. Emily is taking care of all the chores and driving her niece, Caitlin to school and April to the doctor's appointments and physical therapy.

Emily was able to be there for April because her own life had imploded. Her boyfriend of many years, Jake, had dumped her without a second thought. Without a home or a relationship, Emily takes the opportunity to forget about her problems by helping others, and hopefully, come up with a plan for her future too.

When Emily takes Caitlin to sign up to play a part in the Renaissance Faire, the last thing she thought was that she needed to sign up herself or Caitlin couldn't join it. Next thing she knows, Emily is going to be playing one of the tavern wenches.

"That was what I was there for. Be the cool aunt. Do the fun stuff. Distract her."

Emily likes the small-town people feel. Emily is enjoying making new friendships and the feeling of being accepted by everyone. Well, maybe not everyone. The English teacher is not too keen on her. Simon never appears happy to see her and he keeps on looking at her with disapproval. He's the Renaissance Faire organizer and wants everything done to perfection.

"I knew which of these two guys I was looking forward to getting to know better this summer, and it wasn’t the Ren Faire Killjoy."

However, when Emily turns into Emma, the local tavern wench and Simon Graham turns into a pirate, Captain Blackthorne, everything is different. Simon becomes flirtations, easy-going, and has a smile on his face. A smile that makes Emily forget about her first impressions of him.

“Well, love. I’d be fighting for you.”

Well Met was sweet, charming and left me with a smile on my face. I would love to read another book by Jen DeLuca set in the same town. Maybe one with Mitch and April.

"But then you came along, Emily, and you weren’t a should. You were a want."

4/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Berkley via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Well Met.

August 10, 2019 – Started Reading
August 19, 2019 – Shelved as: publisher
August 19, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
August 19, 2019 – Shelved as: small-town
August 19, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Happy Reading L💕ve ツ😘

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Happy Reading L💕ve ツ😘"

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Sheyla ✎ wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Happy Reading L💕ve ツ😘"

My absolute pleasure, L💕ve ツ !

message 4: by Yun (new)

Yun Great review, Sheyla! I have this on my to-read list and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! I have this on my to-read list and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)"Thank you, Yun. I hope you enjoyed it.

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Wonderful review, Sheyla! I'm reading this now and so far, it's really cute :) <3

Sheyla ✎ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! I'm reading this now and so far, it's really cute :) <3"
Glad you are liking it. I hope you feel the same way at the end.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine This looks sweet, Sheyla. Love your review! Are you going to be looking for some Christmas reads this winter? I’ll be looking for some good titles if you run into something good!

Sheyla ✎ Christine wrote: "This looks sweet, Sheyla. Love your review! Are you going to be looking for some Christmas reads this winter? I’ll be looking for some good titles if you run into something good!"
Christine, it was sweet! Yes, I usually read at least one Christmas one. If you find a good one, let me know :)