Nanda's Reviews > Crew Princess

Crew Princess by Tijan

ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for a honest review.

Once again, Tijan made me fall in love with not only one but several of her characters.

I've had a crush on Cross since Crew - don't judge me, he's really wonderful - and in this book my crush has only grown, because even going through so many twists in his family life, he's always there for Bren and the Crew, and that's unchanging and completely owned by him.

I loved seeing how Bren evolved after the events of Crew, and how she managed to dealt with her emotions and boundaries. She really made an effort to become a better person, and it was wonderful to keep up with that growth. Don't get me wrong... She's still that badass Crew member, and she's up to everything to protect her beloveds.
She's really badass...
She's strong even if it's scares her.
She's fearless even if it's a terrifying situation.
She's always thinking, and caring, even if she's said she's not.
She's just a kid that learn how to survive by herself, and now has a good support group of friends.

At various times I had to take a deep breath to hold back the tears. It was a good emotional roller coaster.

Heather and Channing are so so so family goals, that even I want them to myself. The moments of the connection between Bren and Heather, and Bren and Channing just melt my heart!
I love them so much!

All the action in the book goes around family conflicts and the exploration of rivalry between cities. It was a well constructed context and it made perfect sense to me, I really didn't see it coming and I loved reading it.

Bonus points for various Fallen Crest's guest appearances. I missed them all and it was great to see the groups mixing together.

Crew Princess is the second in the Crew series, and follows the last year and graduation of our fearless characters.

I can't wait to see how they're doing in college, especially after that cliffhanger!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crew Princess.

August 9, 2019 – Started Reading