Michela Walters's Reviews > The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

Mar 12, 2012

bookshelves: good-read-recommend, new-adult-mature-y-a, favorite-authors

I enjoyed this story more than I thought I would. (wish good reads would do half stars, cause I'd probably give this a 3 1/2 - but I'll round up) There are a lot of reviews out there complaining about how annoying Bianca was. I felt like Bianca's voice was very teenage like, which is exactly what she is in this story. She used Wesley to escape, and at first I found her jumping into bed with him to be really shocking and perhaps premature, but after a while I sort of just understood why she did that. People do things all the time to escape their lives and for those ten-twenty minutes of passion, she felt like she was loved.

I thought Wesley was an idiot for not realizing how hurtful his use of Duff was sooner, but all in all, it felt realistic to high school and all the petty drama that comes with it.

The portrayal of real adult issues and problems I thought was well done.
This was an easy, quick read for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The DUFF.

March 12, 2012 – Started Reading
March 12, 2012 – Shelved
March 18, 2012 –
page 12
4.29% "I might actually be able to relate to this one. I prob was the DUFF in HS."
March 19, 2012 –
page 84
30.0% "Cute. light...Not sure how realistic it is for bianca to F Welsley just to get her mind off her problems. J/S"
March 21, 2012 –
page 169
60.36% "Wow, I really do not see this ending well. Major trainwreck in the making"
March 21, 2012 – Shelved as: good-read-recommend