Ashlee » Library In The Country's Reviews > The Life That Mattered

The Life That Mattered by Jewel E. Ann

Jewel gets me every time, this book threw me for a loop and rocked my world. So good.

It is no secret that Jewel is one of my favorite authors. In fact, the first books I read by her were Transcend and Epoch. If you were a fan of the Transcend Duet, The Life that Mattered is tight up your alley. A romantic thriller down to the heart of it.

The story is told over a span of years and I immediately fell hard and fast in love with Ronin and the way he and Evie connected. It was instant, but it felt natural and so so so real. Ronin’s character really reminds me of Griff from the Transcend Duet and it’s so good!

Also integral to this story are Evie’s best friends, Lila and Graham. They have a shared history that is complicated, sometimes confusing, but also as important to Evie as that of her family and Ronin. And as the story progresses, it becomes clear these two are key to the telling of Evie and Ronin’s story.

It didn’t take long for me to figure out there is much, much more going on to this story than meets the eye and I highly recommend you jump in and try your hand at figuring out what is going on! It really took me for a wild, wonderful ride and I cannot wait to see how the story ends!

I have so many questions, so many theories and I cannot stop thinking about that prologue!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life That Mattered.

August 9, 2019 – Shelved
August 9, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 5, 2020 – Started Reading
February 6, 2020 –
15.0% "Hot damn, Ronin Alexander. You could get a woman in trouble."
February 7, 2020 –
42.0% "Getting some hardcore Transcend vibes from this. Something fishy is going on. ALL IS NOT AS IT SEEMS. 😬 Also, it’s so good."
February 7, 2020 – Finished Reading