Melissa Young's Reviews > Behind Every Lie

Behind Every Lie by Christina  McDonald

Read 2 times

I loved this book! It was beautifully written and the vivid descriptions made it easy to envision what was going on. There were many twists and turns that kept me enthralled and unable to put this book down. Christina McDonald created another winner. Can’t wait to see what she has in store next.
The story is told from 2 points of view. Eva, present day and her mom Kat both past and present.
The story begins with Eva in the hospital after having been struck by lightning and she was found down the street from her mother’s house where her mother lay dead. Eva is a suspect and since she has no memory, she can’t be sure that she did not kill her mother. She went through an awful tragedy and is still trying to heal. She thought she found refuge in her fiancé Liam, who she recently moved in with. Eva is desperately trying to remember what happen the night her mother was murdered and she gets some flashes and is trying to piece together the night from what she has been told and what she thinks she is remembering. She finds something in her mother’s house that leads her to London to seek answers for her past and hopefully find out who and why her mother was murdered, along with hoping that she wasn’t the one wielding the knife.
Kat gives us a glimpse into her life beginning 25 years ago when Eva was just a toddler. She lived with a very powerful man who abused her. She finally was able to escape him and she tells of her journey from London to ultimately Seattle and why she chose the path that she did. She gives us insight into the reason and culprit of her murder.
Thank you Netgalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest review!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind Every Lie.

Finished Reading
July 14, 2019 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
July 14, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
August 6, 2019 – Started Reading (ebook Edition)
August 8, 2019 – Shelved
August 8, 2019 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)