Vinny's Reviews > Little Lovely Things

Little Lovely Things by Maureen Joyce Connolly

75151915

it was ok
bookshelves: arc

The premise was definitely interesting, and the earlier chapters was a solid start, but when I started devouring more and more into the story, I noticed that Little Lovely Things might be not what I was expected. At first, I was impressed by the writing style. It was hypnotizing and beautiful. But after those earlier chapters, I’m afraid to say that it distracted me instead of entertaining me. Too many unnecessary details were given that doesn’t have any impact on the plot. They acted more as a filler and this happened consistently until the end of the story. Connoly was very skillful with her beautiful proses, unfortunately, I personally don’t think it’s suitable for this genre. I expected fast-paced action packs that will increase my adrenaline, but I ended up getting the opposite.

I’m also not the biggest fan of the pacing. As I said earlier, it started off strong. But there was no twist, whatsoever. No element of a surprise either. It was dragging and I can’t count how many times I keep thinking to myself, asking when and where will this story go? And the ending was very short and sudden, which is very disappointing.

I couldn’t connect to the characters either. None of them are likable enough to make me invest in their story. They were also one-dimensional, especially Glen. I expected him to be more involved in the story, because ffs, his daughters were kidnapped! He was given very little lines and screen time, so I couldn’t even try to understand him even if I wanted to.

Thank you Sourcebooks Landmark and NetGalley for providing me with an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

Final Rating — 2/5

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Letterboxd
I'm also a contributor for The Nerd Daily and feel free to check out my digital arts on RedBubble! ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Lovely Things.

August 8, 2019 – Started Reading