Michael's Reviews > Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 1

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, V... by 井中 だちま

did not like it
bookshelves: light-novels

I went in to this without hearing/reading a lot of the comments surrounding the recent anime adaptation airing. The premise sounded dumb enough to be entertaining, but it is the complete opposite.

The non-stop joke of Mamako being this overly doting mother who is over-powered and constantly outshining her son was just thrown in your face way too much. Not to mention how much of a ditz they make her. It's just so overdone, I was wondering if I would even bother to finish it. Halfway through I had to make a decision to DNF, or just power through. I regret not choosing DNF.

Masato isn't a bad protagonist, and Wise is your typical tsundere, but done pretty well. Sadly like I said, Mamako just made me constantly wish I could have this book over with. The author needs to learn what the word moderation means. When every page or two is yet another joke about how awkward it is for Masato to deal with his mom, it's just downright annoying.

Don't read this, there are better light novels out there.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 1.

August 8, 2019 – Started Reading
August 8, 2019 – Shelved
August 8, 2019 – Shelved as: light-novels
August 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by David (last edited Aug 11, 2019 01:52PM) (new)

David I watched about 2/3rds of the first episode of the anime. It was pretty noxious as well.
The pity is that I could see where this could be a "good" story - ie high-powered career mom takes a sabbatical year off to bond with neglected child, but her career habits/mindset bleeds through to her gameplay and makes life miserable for the kid who's a bit of a slacker.
But no, we get milf-sikai instead, because...Japan. (sigh)

Michael David wrote: "I watched about 2/3rds of the first episode of the anime. It was pretty noxious as well.

Nice to know I should skip the anime as well, not that the light novel urged me to by the end anyway. lol