FMABookReviews's Reviews > This Earl of Mine

This Earl of Mine by Kate Bateman

bookshelves: 4-it-quenched-my-addiction-stars, arc, waiting-for-blog, waiting-for-amazon, virgin

✮ 4.5 ✮
WILL A FALSE MARRIAGE LEAD TO TRUE AND LASTING LOVE?

❝How liberating, to be able to share a joke with someone of equal wit and flexible morals.❞

When your cousin is intent on marrying you and stealing all of your money, what choice do you have but to find a husband on death row? That seemed the logical solution to shipping heiress Georgiana Caversteed. Once her “husband” was put to his death, she would be a widow. She planned to tell everyone her husband was a sailor and was at sea, thereby letting her be free to live as she chose and keeping her cousin far away from her and her vast wealth.

Only, plans don’t always go as intended, and her husband, Benedict Wylde turned out to be the second son of the late Earl of Morcott and was only in prison because he was runner/investigator for Bow Street (the senior magistrate court in the capital). He’d been hired to find out who was trying to free Bonaparte.

A secret marriage of convenience turns into a necessity. For her, it keeps her cousin away from her wealth and avoids a scandal amongst the ton for both her and her sister. For him, she’s the perfect cover and he genuinely enjoys spending time with her …
❝I’d know you anywhere, Georgie girl.❞

This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I cannot wait to read more. Her storytelling is captivating. I loved these characters and couldn’t wait for their happy ending.

‘This Earl of Mine’ was a slow-burn romance filled with sexy times and entertaining banter.

I was provided a review copy by the publisher; this did not influence my opinion of the book.

social_facebook_2x-cc59f12f4ab0551091a3a29deb45b3f1 social_twitter_2x-052a9e6a0bd59868c962adf399a55288 social_instagram_2x-843370a281412abe747151cf325a87f0 social_pinterest_2x-9d3478db114852e246866f524f395fc6 limav-flat-gradient-social-amazon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Earl of Mine.

August 7, 2019 – Shelved