Liz's Reviews > One Year Home

One Year Home by Marie Force

F 50x66

One Year Home continues the story of military hero John West who we met in Five Years Gone. He is a man who did his duty for his country only for it to cost him everything he held dear. In this book John is struggling to cope with both his physical & mental traumas. In the eyes of the world he is a hero especially after a video is released showing him capturing a dangerous terrorist but this is the last thing he feels. He wants to sink into obscurity & try to forget but of course there’s no way this can happen. Everyone wants a piece of him. To help him cope with the media attention Julianne Tilden is sent in but with painful connections to his past is she really the best person for the job?

This was an amazing book that drew me in from the first page and I know it is one I will read again and again. Marie Force has a way of writing such vivid characters that the reader can’t help but come invested in them & what happens in their lives. To me the ultimate sign of a great book is when you can picture it playing out in your mind as you read and that definitely happened with this book. You’re willing John and Jules to find their way to each other. After all, if anyone deserved a second chance at happiness it was John.

One Year Home is the follow up to Five Years Gone and I would strongly recommend that you read these books in order to optimise your enjoyment of this wonderful story that runs the gamut from loss & despair to healing & hope for the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Year Home.

August 3, 2019 – Started Reading