Dolores's Reviews > The Silence of Murder

The Silence of Murder by Dandi Daley Mackall

Mar 11, 2012

After "Twilight" hit it big, every other book that came out was a paranormal, and now dystopias are all the rage, but mysteries are still seriously underrepresented. I have a lot of teens who are big fans of the mystery, so I'm always on the lookout for them. This was a pretty good one. For one thing, the book plays fair. The clues to the killer's identity are given, so the reader has a fair chance to solve the crime. It does have one of those stupid, intrepid, "I'll solve the case by breaking and entering" main characters. That cost it a star, and I guess it should have cost it more than one, but Jeremy was such a fantastic character that he saved the book. He has the most unique collection ever. What an amazing idea. It made me want to start my own collection. Jeremy is a collector of something so ordinary and mundane, yet unique and precious. I can see him as an old, old man revisiting his collection and basking in the happiness each one would evoke. It made me smile.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silence of Murder.