Ritu Bhathal's Reviews > The Second Chance Supper Club

The Second Chance Supper Club by Nicole  Meier

This was just my kind of feel-good story, about sisterhood and family.

Julia makes a major mistake while on air, as co-anchor for a daytime TV show. The consequences aren't pretty, and she just needs to get far away.
Of all the places in the world, it ends up being her home town in Arizona that pulls her close.
Better weather than New York, yes, but she has to overcome the cold from her older sister Ginny who she hasn't spoken to for three years, since their' parent's death.
Ginny, a Michelin starred chef, who gave up all her accolades in New York, to manage her parent's affairs after their untimely demise.
After accepting that she wasn't going anywhere fast, Ginny sets up a secret supper club, with the begrudging help of her daughter, Olive.
Julia walks into a tension that is high, and drama that is higher.
Will her sister even want her there?
Will her employers want her back?

Well, you have to read it to find out!

I enjoyed the whole concept of the story, and though there were romantic elements, I liked how it concentrated on the relationship between the two women.

I would recommend this as an easy read, with a heartwarming ending.

Many thanks to Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Chance Supper Club.

August 7, 2019 – Started Reading