Krista the Krazy Kataloguer's Reviews > Into the Firestorm: A Novel of San Francisco, 1906

Into the Firestorm by Deborah Hopkinson

A vivid description of the San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906 forms the center of this tale of an orphan boy trying to find a home for himself. I read it all in one sitting-- couldn't put it down. Combine it with Laurence Yep's Dragonwings and The Earth Dragon Awakes, Kristiana Gregory's Earthquake at Dawn, and Simon Winchester's children's version of A Crack in the Edge of the World.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Firestorm.

Started Reading
August 1, 2008 – Finished Reading
August 4, 2008 – Shelved
August 4, 2008 – Shelved as: read-childrens-books
December 1, 2010 – Shelved as: read-goodreads-authors
January 12, 2011 – Shelved as: read-historical-fiction
April 27, 2017 – Shelved as: read-disasters

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan Ooh, I'd never heard of this. And on to my to-read list it goes.

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Aug 05, 2008 07:16AM) (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan Abigail, What was the first book in the series? I'm OCD about reading books in a series in order!

Think I found it: The Strange Files of Fremont Jones. Oh well, and two books (first two in series) go on to my list. ;-)

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan The series looks really interesting to me. I'd never heard of it until now. Thanks!

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer Well, you've convinced me. The Fremont series goes on my "to-read" list as well!

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan Goodreads really does act as a virus!!! ;-)

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan Abigail, Ha ha. Well, perhaps not. It's possible other members will come upon this thread and become another Goodreads victim. We'll have to wait and see.

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it