Shawna Sears's Reviews > No Fox to Give

No Fox to Give by Vivienne Savage

F 50x66

No Fox to Give is the first in a new series by Domino Taylor (half of the Vivienne Savage writing team) about a small town named Swan Lake inhabited by, you guessed it, mostly swan shifters. I really liked that the main characters in this book were a swan and fox shifter since they're both species you don't see often in paranormal romance.

Madeleine is pretty awesome as a heroine, all around. She's feisty, passionate, driven, and still sweet. I really enjoyed the relationship she had with her best friend and neighbor as well. Dean is a bit cocky, definitely handy (hey, he's a contractor, mind out of the gutter), and pretty jaded from his childhood. His obvious love for his very human brother is another aspect that I liked a lot; it showed how much he rose above his fathers influence.

All in all, the story was relatively short but thorough, with a good story-line and character development, a little drama, a little steam (very little and very short), some sweet romance, and some world building. I look forward to the next book and the future of Swan Lake!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Fox to Give.

August 7, 2019 – Started Reading