Ems. (afternoonbookery)'s Reviews > The Ingredients for Happiness

The Ingredients for Happiness by Lucy Knott

We all know i love a delicious village inspired little cafe read, well - this was that and more, more because we follow the 3 sisters as they all set out on their own ventures in life.

Amanda who is opening her own cafe, Sabrina who is tackling the music industry and Louisa who is designing her own garments in Italy.

I have listened to the first book on audiobook and adored it, i think hearing the voices helped me to differentiate the characters because sometimes when there is a few MC i loose track of who is who.

What i did find in this one though is because they are all so well written with their own characteristics you can easy tell them apart but the bond between them is something that you feel.

I loved the delicious recipes and i so wanted to sample all of them, i wanted coffee, i wanted all the cakes and pastries and Italian dishes. I wanted to visit Italy, i wanted to meet with the band too.

I loved this because it ticked all the boxes for a book i enjoy, but gave it something else, like i said - i sometimes worry when their is more than one character to focus on but Lucy creates them in a way that you want to get to know everyone and all at once. This was heartfelt, it was sweet, it sprung tears to my eyes and made me bloody hungry.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ingredients for Happiness.

August 6, 2019 – Started Reading