Jessica Bone's Reviews > Tetrastatum

Tetrastatum by Tim Smith

69519751

“No matter how loud I scream, no one answers. Only humming, buzzing, hissing white light continues into eternity mocking my torment in an image that expands out into desolate space-time in perpetuity”

Dr. Smith works on Darpa's Quantum Teleportation Project. Quantum Teleportation Device moves matter across space-time at speed exceeding that of light. Dr. Richard is the lead scientist of the Psychothotonix Quantum Image Processing Laboratory. They are working together with one goal in mind to make a space-time a reality. When they accomplish it what they set out to do they control the images of the fourth state Tetrastatum as it shapes the past, present, and future. Are they truly prepared to pay the consequences that playing with space-time can create?

This time traveler thriller had me from page one. The prologue pulls you in wondering what actually occurs for such a sorrowful speech to be spoken. This tie in of science and science fiction is so closely related that you wonder what work is being done beyond what we are being told in our local news station. This far complex study is somewhat covered in the appendix where it also introduces you to the joint authors of this thrilling tale and explains what exactly what they were speaking of in the book. The excellent notes to explain the time-space paradox is beyond what you expect in a work of science fiction and is more like you would find in a nonfiction text. Through an understanding of the human condition that they display you rarely see in literature. It explained not only the story but how the story we live has been played out before us and how we are all capable of shaping our own futures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tetrastatum.

August 5, 2019 – Started Reading