Jennifer's Reviews > Love Hurts

Love Hurts by Leah Sharelle

bookshelves: leah-sharelle, arc-books-completed, books-ive-reviewed, wounded-souls-mc

To begin with, this book is the first in a duet, and is only part of Jason's story. It should not be read with the expectation of a happy ending. I knew, to a certain extent, how this book would end, from reading Deck and Charlotte's book, His Sweetness. I knew there would be tears, and sadness permeated the story, even during the happy times, because I knew the outcome. But I also knew, Jason and Zoe's story needed to be told.

Jason had a pretty normal childhood, despite growing up in his twin brother's shadow. Always feeling like he isn't good enough, or that he doesn't measure up, no matter how hard he tries. Until a glimpse of a woman that reminds him of a fairy catches his eye and won't let him forget her! Years go by, and she stays in his mind! We got a glimpse of Zoe and Jason in an earlier story, but this is theirs, concentrating mostly on Jason, and his feelings

I'm not quite sure where to start with this story, or how to review it without giving too much away. It was a good story, and necessary, but still sad. I thought one thing about Jason's relationship with his brother, (from Deck's book) and about Zoe as a person, and this book totally changed my mind about both things. It was a bittersweet story, only more so because we knew the ultimate outcome. I'm looking forward to Jason finding his ultimate happy ending!

book review banner

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Hurts.

August 5, 2019 – Shelved