Benoit Lelièvre's Reviews > Apostle Rising

Apostle Rising by Richard Godwin

Mar 11, 2012

A downward spiral into madness of a sprawling, demented architecture. A byzantine plot that can only be the work of a true master of the craft. There is so much to see, so many directions to go, that you never know what to think, who to trust or where to look. APOSTLE RISING reads like a furious, unleashed wave of creativity and talent. While I cannot really say it was controlled, it's a psychological thriller that is crazy in all the right ways. Count me as a fan of this guy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apostle Rising.

March 11, 2012 – Started Reading
March 11, 2012 – Shelved
March 11, 2012 –
page 17
page 39
page 39
10.43% "This isn't really noir, but it's one hell of a psychological thriller so far. Written with gusto."
page 57
15.24% "The charm of Richard Godwin's work lies in his approach. It's all been done before but nooooottt quite that way, I can assure you."
March 16, 2012 –
page 183
48.93% "Warning, the narrative gets extremely fragmented at times. Many characters, many storylines that keep meshing together."
March 18, 2012 –
page 267
71.39% "The POV square dance being over, this is still a very solid, engrossing and complex thriller."
March 20, 2012 –
page 302
80.75% "This is such a crazy work of plotting it's almost overshadowing the writing. But what a great plotting that is. Godwin has great insight on story mechanics."
March 20, 2012 – Finished Reading

Brandon Nagel Based on your most recent post, I started reading this today. Wicked.