Aliya's Reviews > Tell Me to Stop

Tell Me to Stop by Charlotte Byrd

U 50x66

** spoiler alert ** This is an honest review in exchange of an ARC. There's no doubt about Charlotte, she is good at what she does. I was completely hooked. I really like the story. At one point I thought I was going to die out of curiosity. But I managed to stay alive.

About the story :
The overview of the story was quite similar to "Debt" novel by the same author (if I remember correctly, it's been a long time since I last read it).
The story is simple, Nicholas Crawford send Olive Kernes a check to repay her student loan without the remitter name. She doesn't know who is it from or if it is fake. She decides to pays off her debt after thinking about it for over three days. Then she recieves a letter asking her to meet the person who send her "the gift" in Hawaii. She hops the plane for a pre-paid week long trip. Her best friend Sydney surprises her when she joins her on this trip.
Mr. Crawford invites them to his cocktail party (which they accept) but he is a no show because of some problem at the resort. Nicholas and Olive finally talk the next evening and he explains how he know about her but make her promise not to to tell this to anyone, not even to Sydney. His sister, Ashley was her best friend in 7th standard and disappeared in the middle of the year. Her father raped her since she was 11 and got her pregnant. Her mother blamed her for seducing her father and send her to Mississippi. After two days she suicide. Also, She wanted him to help Olive. After hearing this she breaks down. He then asks her to be with him every day and night for 365 days. She refuses. He offers her 1 million and upon hearing this she packed her bag and ask Sydney to leave with her. She refuses.
After returning to Boston, someone kidnap her mother and threatened her to pay back 50k that her mother had borrowed from Marlo in the next five days or else they would kill her. She didn't have that much money so she ask Sydney for money but she also didn't have it. She finally ask Nicholas and he transfer the money in her bank account in the blink of an eye and in return ask her to have dinner with him. She wanted to give money to the right person so instead of contacting the person that threatened her, she meet Marlo in her apartment. Marlo told her she didn't ask anyone to kidnap her mom and that her mom had tricked her. Despite that she paid her debt. She is surprised when Nicholas came to Airport to pick her up. He checkout in resort under the names Mr and Mrs Landon. They get ready for cocktail party and part 1 ends.

My Review : 4/5
Do I recommend it? Yes, definitely. I really liked it. I was really excited to start on this story as it's synopsis was very similar to her debt novel and I really liked that novel.
Olive is a next door type of a girl. She is nice but I hate her when she reveals about Ashley to Sydney when Nicholas asked her not to. She atleast owed him that much. She had her own fears for refusing to be with him for a year.
It was a good story. Nicholas is mysterious man. The reason why he want her to pretend to be his wife for a year is not revealed in this part. There are not many scene with two of them together but I am pretty sure next part would be full of those scenes. Eagerly Waiting for the part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell Me to Stop.

Finished Reading
August 5, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Charlotte Byrd Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed the story.