Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Nero

Nero by Sarah Brianne

Oooh- I LOVE me a good high school bully story!

Ok, so this wasn't a traditional bully romance in that the bully (or bullies, as it were) is not the the hero. Which sounds weird to say if you aren't traditionally a reader of bully romance. But I digress...

“I don’t want to see you ever touch another guy again. You can kiss and hug your father and brother, but if I find out you’ve touched another guy—I don’t give a shit who it is—they won’t live to let it happen again.”

Nero was HOT! So possessive. So protective. Gah- I loved it! He hadn't noticed Elle during their entire high school tenure, and then halfway through senior year a twist of fate threw them together. It wasn't a coincidence that he suddenly noticed her, but she has no idea what drove it. As Nero's feelings for her develop he starts to worry about the big lie between them, and what it could do to them if/when it came out. Oh, the delicious angst!
I love mafia romance. I love bully romance. And now the romance community has been gifted a mafia bully romance? Be still, my quivering lady bits!

That part at @ 66%? JESUS. I have a whole new respect for cupcakes. And also, now I want a cupcake. And a Nero to share to it with. And not in that order.

If you are a fan of possessive heroes, and bully reads, then I definitely recommend this book!

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nero.

August 4, 2019 – Shelved