Heather's Reviews > Our New Normal

Our New Normal by Colleen Faulkner

2087435

Thanks Kensington and Netgalley for the chance to read this dynamic novel before it hits bookshelves later this month.

Liv, mom to a college student and a 16-year-old daughter, feels like she’s done raising her kids and wants to do something for herself now. That something is restoring homes because she did a brilliant job of bringing the one she lives in to a new life. When everything seems to be going smoothly, Liv finds out that Hazel, the teen daughter, is three months pregnant. Liv suggests putting the baby up for adoption. Hazel is adamant that she and her loser boyfriend, Tyler will raise the baby together, even though neither of them has a good job nor the money to do so.

I don’t want to give away anymore because I think everyone should read this book. It shines a light on unwed mothers, what it’s like for the family to go through a teen pregnancy and how family dynamics change a long the way. It was really hard to put this book down as something was constantly going on, emotions were often raw and you never knew who was going to change their mind about the upcoming baby.

Even though I thought the mother was a whiner and Hazel was selfish and not very likable, I still loved every page of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our New Normal.

Started Reading