Melissa's Reviews > Big Lies in a Small Town

Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain

This is only the third novel of Diane Chamberlain's that I have read, but I wish I could just dedicate all my time to reading the rest of her novels. (That wouldn't be fair to everyone else though!) I just know that whatever else her name is on just has to be great!

The entire story was really interesting. Both characters were easy to feel sympathetic toward. As the story unfolded, there were a lot of surprises. I only was able to guess one thing, but everything else I didn't see coming at all. I really liked the way the story came together and how the mural played into everything and connected Morgan to Anna's truth.

This novel was really well written and captivating, but that's not a surprise knowing who the author is. I couldn't put it down and now I can't wait for it to be published so that others can share in my reading experience. I already am eagerly awaiting whatever Diane comes up with next!

Movie casting suggestions:
Morgan: Elle Fanning
Oliver: Liam Aiken
Anna: Alexis G. Zall
Jesse: Niles Fitch
Pauline: Bella Thorne
Martin: Sam Heughan
Lisa: Regina King

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Lies in a Small Town.

August 4, 2019 – Shelved
August 4, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 16, 2019 – Started Reading
October 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie She is one of my all time favorite authors! I highly recommend The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes if you haven't read that one yet.

Melissa Stephanie wrote: "She is one of my all time favorite authors! I highly recommend The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes if you haven't read that one yet."

Thanks for the recommendation.

message 3: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell Your timing is perfect. Not only have I also read only 2 of her books (did we read the same ones? did you recommend them to me?). But we are looking for our next audiobook. This will do the trick. Thank you!

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "Your timing is perfect. Not only have I also read only 2 of her books (did we read the same ones? did you recommend them to me?). But we are looking for our next audiobook. This will do the trick. ..."

This book doesn't publish until early 2020. I probably did recommend the other two I read to you.

message 5: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell The Dream Daughter and The Stolen Marriage? I'll keep my eye out for the pub date. Thanks.

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "The Dream Daughter and The Stolen Marriage? I'll keep my eye out for the pub date. Thanks."

Yep...Those are the only other ones I've read and I loved both!

message 7: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie I'm so excited to read this one!

message 8: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle I adore Diane Chamberlin's storytelling and can't wait to read her new book. The last one I read was Necessary Lies and it was quite moving....I loved it!

message 9: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Sounds very intriguing. Thanks for the review!

message 10: by Dianne (new) - added it

Dianne Casey Sounds like a book I would like to read.

Sally Great review. I loved this book and all of Diane Chamberlain's books.

message 12: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Great review Melissa! This book looks so amazing.

message 13: by Tracy (new) - added it