Sarah's Reviews > Shrouded Loyalties

Shrouded Loyalties by Reese Hogan

This book is chock full of metal, monsters, and heart, and it pulls you into a world torn apart by a war. Despite the militaristic setting, this book works on a personal level as it focuses on characters who find their allegiances shifting as they discover more about each other and recognize the shorts in their own wiring. Add in the imperfect science of shrouding into dangerous and unfamiliar places and a background of mythology that may be more real than even its followers know, and you're left with a thoroughly engrossing read that works on many levels.

Shrouded Loyalties is an intense read that strings you along and stays in your mind long after you set it down. The layers at work reflect our own world: individual motivations driven by hurt and a need for acceptance, the goals, injustices, and secrets of governments, the deities worshiped and questioned, and global workings that dwarf everything else.

I normally read more on the magical spectrum of SFF, but I jumped at the chance to read an arc of this one, and I'm so glad I did. I'm now questioning everything I thought I knew about my own tastes. I can't wait to see more of the world that Hogan has expertly crafted.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shrouded Loyalties.

Finished Reading