Amna Kouser's Reviews > What Is an Indian?

What Is an Indian? by Tarundeep Singh

About the book :
The book is a collection of authors personal thoughts to know the need for various challenges at National (our duties for Nation) and personal level (our responsibilities to become better individual level to overcome as an Indian.
The author highlights the issues and the challenge faced by us like Education System, News, Indian Society, Western culture, cost of education, Terrorism, Youth and nightlife, Unemployment in India, Lack of interest in Good Literature, and Youth addiction in Smoking, drinking and drugs.
Well known existing issues like Caste-based difference, Poverty, hunger and Cost of living, Corruption, Miscellaneous issues like Child labour, population explosion.
The author raised the questions in the book :
“What is an Indian?” We seriously need to do an introspection to find the answer to the question, “What is an Indian?”
“What good is only acquiring knowledge if you cannot take it at least one step ahead?
“Can a nation be made in a day?”
At the end of the story, the author tried to explain the solution of all these issues and challenges faced by Indian Society.
In the ending of the book, the author summarized what's an Indian in one line
“Indian does not imply an individual or group but it signifies the whole nation united as one.”
My Views :
The author gives equal importance to each of the issues faced by Indian society at each level.
The book talks about the important aspects of our country which we need to know and become a better and responsible citizen of India.
The writing style is good.
The language is easy to understand.
What I Liked: Well explained the issues and challenges with giving suitable examples and Quotes and provided a good solution to overcome these issues.
The Cover of the book could have been better.
Overall it's a worthy read.
Recommendation: Highly recommended to every Citizen of India.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Is an Indian?.

Finished Reading