Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson's Reviews > Becoming

Becoming by Raine Thomas

Mar 10, 2012

Read from March 10 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy

My take...
Amber shies away from people and from being the center of attention. She just doesn't have the self-confidence it takes to be one of those people who love attention....any attention. I guess if every 3 years you have an "Incident" that gets you shipped off to the next foster home, it’s understandable then.
Amber has only one person who knows about these "Incidents" after helping her through one at age 15. He is her best friend and her foster brother. But don't let Gabriel catch you calling her that, she is more to him than his 'sister'. And he is just waiting for Amber to show how much more she means to him.

After her latest surge right before her 18th birthday Amber and Gabriel embark on a new relationship and everything just feels...right! Off to see Alaska, the new couple have a run in with some new people. What these people reveal changes everything for them. They learn who they are and where they are headed. But sometimes change could mean the end. Will Amber and Gabriel be able to hold on to this new love or will they be torn apart?

I am usually not a huge fan of giving some stuff away in my reviews. But since I didn't say any more than what the author did in her blurb, I don't feel so bad. Cause really...what happens in-between all that is the good stuff. There is more to Amber's power surges and her new relationship with Gabriel, lots more.

I was so flippin in love with this book, the characters (namely Gabriel, le sigh), and the overall story line. Yeah that storyline was ahhhmazing! I love how it starts out Amber’s story but soon more character’s stories are added to it. And I like that because it helps the transition to the next book, Central, which is based off a different character.

Raine what have you done to me? I am now hooked on this series, absolutely addicted! I am so looking forward to reading more from you. Awesome book, awesome writing, awesome author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming.