05cortneyr's Reviews > Magyk

Magyk by Angie Sage

Mar 10, 2012

Marcia Overstrand, the ExtraOrdinary Wizard, has her work cut out for her. She has to quickly find a safe place for the baby princess to stay and grow up. And then years later, find another safe place to stay along with her family while a assassin, a hunter, and other followers of the evil wizared DomDaniel are trying to kill them.

The main protagonist is Boy 412. He has curly straw hair and gray eyes. At first, he was afraid to talk to anyone. But after relizing who the real good guys are, he became very talkative. And the main antagonist is DomDaniel, an evil wizard trying to take over the casle. Like most wizards, he has green eyes.

One of the things I really didn't like about this book is that it took forever to get interesting. But when it did, it got really good. But I really liked all of the characters. One of my favorite quotes of the book is, "Please, Jenna, may I share your quilt? Yes, you may, Nicko. Oh, thank you very much, Jenna, that's very kind of you. Don't mention it, Nicko.""All right, then, I won't." Nicko grinned. "And I suppose I have to curtsy to you now you're Miss High and Mighty."

One of the big theme is that the good guys always win. The reason why this was a theme was because all the good guys in the book would make sure that they would win, even if there lives were on the line. I would really recommend this book to young adults, but it isn't a quick read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magyk.