Sarah's Reviews > Princess of the Reformation: Jeanne D'Albret

Princess of the Reformation by Rebekah Dan

liked it
bookshelves: children, picture-book, 2020-reads, history, church-history, kindle-unlimited

~ The drawings on this are very pretty.
~ This is a great book for young people.

Some of the generalizations about the catholic church were harsh and I feel were even untrue in places. Having had some friends who were Catholics and done some research into older catholicism, there is misinformation in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of the Reformation.

August 2, 2019 – Shelved
February 6, 2020 – Shelved as: history
February 6, 2020 – Shelved as: church-history
February 6, 2020 – Shelved as: kindle-unlimited
February 6, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by English (new)

English I know what you mean about generalizations. I was raised Evangelical, but got to know some Catholics. What was really a culture shock though was when I started reading Medieval Literature, and realized much of what I'd been taught about Catholicism at that time was completely wrong.

Sarah English wrote: "I know what you mean about generalizations. I was raised Evangelical, but got to know some Catholics. What was really a culture shock though was when I started reading Medieval Literature, and real..."

Exactly! I have plenty of issues with the Catholic church, but you can show them without going over the top about it.