Ashley's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Sara  Holland

bookshelves: dnf

DNF at 26% (page 96).

Evermore has a completely different vibe than Everless and that's ultimately why I didn't finish it. None of the reasons I fell in love with Everless were present in Evermore.

Everless - Time as currency and a feeling of "the rich have too much time and poor people are running out; let's redistribute". I was imagining a political uprising of sorts and some kind of Robin Hood "steal from the rich and give to the poor". It felt a lot like the movie In Time, which I loved.

Evermore - Basically a feud between two mythological figures (goddesses, I guess). There was no time as currency. It didn't even really feel like the MC cared about the poor people anymore. It was just 100% "I want to kill this goddess because she's hurting people I love." There was no more of the interesting politics or Robin Hood-esque vibe. It was way more of a generic fantasy because it completely abandoned the time as a currency concept. Instead it was just about some time control powers. (Stopping time, warping time, etc.)

I didn't hate Evermore, but it was no longer the awesome story I fell in love with. It felt more like a generic ~3 star read at best and I didn't have a desire to keep going. I'd rather hunt for more 5 star books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

January 5, 2018 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
January 5, 2018 – Shelved as: unreleased-stalking (Other Hardcover Edition)
December 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Hardcover Edition)
January 9, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Hardcover Edition)
August 2, 2019 – Shelved