Fred Wiehe's Reviews > The Collected Nightmares

(Review from the author)

Manic Readers Review
Rating: 4 Stars
Reviewer: Alice Clary
A collection of stories, poems and novellas covering pretty much every scary thing you can imagine, including monsters, ghosts, demons, evil doppelgangers and good old-fashioned murderers. Some of my favorites were The Reckoning, a satisfying story about vengeance and bullies. Another was My Only Daddy. This one was a bit sad, yet clever and spine-chilling. Another of my top choices was the final one, Dead Girl, about a romance with a dead woman, though not in a perverted way. You’d just have to read it to understand. What a great way to end the collection.

“The Collection of Nightmares” is a fitting title. These tales encompass pretty much everything nightmares are made of—in a creepily fun way. I thoroughly enjoyed each of the included works of this author. The only thing that would have made it better is just a bit of editing, although the minor issues were not enough to detract from my enjoyment. I’m not into poetry, but even the poems were entertaining and chilling. It’s been a long time since I’ve read scary stories, and these satisfied my craving. Settle in for a dark, deliciously chilling joy ride through this collection of stories. You’ll want to sleep with one eye open, if you can sleep at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Collected Nightmares.

Finished Reading