Tammie's Reviews > The Exorcist

The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty

bookshelves: horror-dark

The Exorcist, a horror/paranormal book, was a solid 5 stars. I’m not going to bother with a formal review since there are so many wonderful reviews out there and written way better than I could ever articulate.
Horror is my favorite genre, but with that being said- only one book has truly disturbed me (that being “House of Leaves”), until now that is. The Exorcist wasn’t a scary book for me, it didn’t frighten me but it sure as heck disturbed me. I found the stuff that Regan did to be shocking and disturbing- I can’t even imagine the stir that this book probably caused when it was published in the early 70s.
I’m not sure why I never read this until now but I’d highly recommend to fans of horror/darker theme books. My only regret was waiting so long to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exorcist.

August 1, 2019 – Started Reading
August 13, 2019 –
August 16, 2019 –
August 18, 2019 –
August 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Supratim I am glad you enjoyed the book so much, Tammie! I enjoyed the book a lot too.

Christine Glad you loved it!!

Tammie Thank you Christine and Supratim :)

message 4: by sue (new)

sue So glad you enjoyed it Tammie

Tammie Thank you Sue :)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Awesome review, Tammie! Glad you enjoyed :) <3

Tammie Thank you Alex :)

Christine I’ve just checked out season one of the tv series. Have you seen it? I’m hoping to start it this weekend.

Tammie The tv series is really good, I was upset it was cancelled though (think it runs for 2 seasons).

Christine Well, I’ll just enjoy it for those two seasons, then! Why do the good ones always get cancelled? All of those icky reality-tv shows cluttering up the stations...

Tammie Yeah, I really liked it 😞

Susan I was 14 when I saw the movie and it scared me so much I will not watch it again. I read the book after and it was definitely more disturbing than scary. Glad you enjoyed this one Tammie. I can recommend the movie for true horror.😱😱😱

Tammie Thank you Susan :)