Sherida Stewart's Reviews > A Mother for His Twins

A Mother for His Twins by Jill Weatherholt

A heart-tugging second chance romance!

Second chance romances are always fun....former sweethearts reconnecting after life has taken the couple in different directions. Author Jill Weatherholt’s newest book, A Mother for His Twins, touched my emotions on so many levels.

Teacher Joy Kelliher must confront a trauma from her past when her high school boyfriend returns to town with his two young sons. Widower Nick Capello is returning to his hometown to provide a new beginning for his twin boys. He is surprised to find his high school sweetheart has remained in Whispering Slopes and is applying for the same principal job he wants.

I enjoyed the characters in this story, especially the darling little twins who have such different personalities. The romance, with such a self-sacrificing hero trying to learn from his mistakes, is tender as the former sweethearts must work through the issues keeping them apart. The emotional pain Joy carries is difficult to admit, but she works hard to overcome her past. The last line of the story is one of the best I’ve read, followed by a perfect epilogue. I loved A Mother for His Twins!

Favorite quote: “You can’t change the past, but moving forward, you can do things differently.”

*I was given a copy of this book with no requirement to write a review. I’m delighted to offer my honest opinion.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Mother for His Twins.

Started Reading
July 31, 2019 – Finished Reading
August 1, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Thank you for your lovey review, Sherida. I'm so happy you enjoyed my book. xo