Angela's Reviews > Highly Inappropriate Tales for Young People

Highly Inappropriate Tales for Young People by Douglas Coupland

did not like it
bookshelves: reviewed

I absolutely detested this book (maybe that's the point?) I always read everything Doug Coupland publishes but not because I admire his work. Ever since Life After God, I feel some kind of connection to this author, some responsibility to him. It's as if Coupland is a family member with which I have had a severe falling out. And, despite the fact that almost everything he says makes me angry, I am compelled to read it because I still, deep deep down, care about him.

I would never ever ever recommend this book and I can't even imagine who would like it. It's not particularly imaginative and the illustrations are just creepy. If it was, at the very least, funny, I could forgive all that. But it's not funny--it's just inane. It's even worse that Player One and All Families are Psychotic--and that's really saying something. Are Coupland's publishers afraid of him or something? Why don't they just say "no!" to his worst ideas?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highly Inappropriate Tales for Young People.

March 10, 2012 – Shelved